Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good to bad to good to bad...

What an odd day! I don't know if the good cancels out the bad or not.

First: I lost my I.D. last semester, the day before the semester ended, and I just know I left it in the dining hall. When I came back this semester, I asked around the front desk, and the dining hall, and everywhere people had no idea where it went. In the end I basically gave up hope and went to replace it yesterday: $15. But I was still worried that someone was going to use my original I.D. for the $150 on it. So today, when I go to check my mailbox... it's IN THERE. @_@. AHHHH. Grrr. I don't know why nobody told me... T-T.

And I can't refund my money either.

Second: When I was walking to class today I was walking behind a Chinese couple and their daughter who I guess were either touring or coming for her as a prospective student. I could hear their conversations and when they stopped to ask someone for directions to Newhouse their English was very limited, so I went up to give them directions in Mandarin. Suddenly, the daughter says to me, “喂,你不是那个渣子里面的模型吗?我认识你啊!!!”

I was like "Uh... wha?"

But she pulled out a Chinese magazine and flipped to an advertisement for water and it was me!!!! I was so baffled! It was one of my unknown advertisements my uncle had told me about and I was seeing it for the first time. O_O!

Then she asked me for my autograph!!! I was so stunned I signed my name wrong - completely not even my signature, I just printed the letters and waved a dazed goodbye.

And now I'm like DANG IT. Because I didn't even get the name of the magazine or anything. Sigh. But it just goes to say that if I really did want to break into the Chinese movie star thing it might not be that difficult/different. ^^

That's it for now.

...to good to bad to forever!
大东的晨晨

No comments: